ARCH1392 - Digital Collaboration Studio
Member of TEAM OMEGA

Monday, March 23, 2009

Tech tests...TERRAIN / VEGETATION

Today I went to uni after work to do my tech tests as my laptop hasn't arrived yet. I borrowed a XPS laptop from BECU and began working away. I explored creating the terrain (mountains, water etc) and then how to edit it by shaping the surface of the land, as well as playing around with the water level. I also added surface textures and explored various scenarious (beach, forest etc). I then began exploring how to add vegetation (trees, plants etc) as well as other landscape elements such as rocks. I also learnt how to edit these elements and make them smaller or larger and how they could be spread across the terrain automatically. Below are some screenshots of what I created...









I will come back to uni tomorrow after work as well to carry on with my tech tests, I need to finish the TERRAIN / VEGETATION tests as I haven't explored how to create roads / sidewalks etc and I also need to start on the MATERIALS tech tests which I will all do tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment